Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tournament of Champions!

I(Mikey) have been playing baseball this season since mid- March. I have pitched in almost every one of those games. as you might have guessed, I am the teams ace pitcher. We won first place in our league, so we have moved on to a tournament called the Tournament of Champions(TOCs) which started on Saturday. There are twelve teams competing to win first place. It's single elimination, so if you win, you move on, but if you lose, you go home. Luckily, we have a very good team so we have won every game so far. There were only a few home runs hit, but there is one I want to tell you about. This beast of a child who is supposedly "11" years old, steps in to bat. He took a half swing at one of the pitches and it went about 250 ft.! After the game, we found out that that kid was 6 feet, 1 inch, and weighed 21o pounds!!!!!!!!!! The final game to see who wins first place is tonight. The game will be the Saratoga Phillies(my team)vs. the Quito Red Sox. I will post the results of the final score after the game!

2 comments:

  1. You are a funny writer, very talented. I enjoy reading this blog and will have to show you my new blog book when we see you in Utah. All these little posts that you do can be easily turned into a book sometime down the road and you will have a collection of things that happened over the year. It is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mike, so sad to hear of your loss. thats sucks sometimes... i hate it when people say, "theres always next year!but its true.. so why didn't that huge kid get kicked off? you should have blown the whistle ont hat one.. love you see you soon aunt k

    ReplyDelete