Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Stake Spaghetti Dinner and Cake Auction
As a fundraiser for Camp Chawanakee,(scout camp), I had to help out at the Stake Spaghetti Dinner. To help out, you had to make 1 or 2 pounds of spaghetti, a cake, and you had to either work one five-hour shift, or work two 2 and 1/2 shifts. I worked the two shifts, which only ended up being 3 hours of work instead of 5. For my shifts I had to serve water and set up tables and chairs. For my cake, I made a funfetti vanilla cake with white frosting, which had the superman logo on it drawn out in m&ms. It sold for $27, which was a pretty decent amount compared to the rest of the cakes. One of the cakes, a cake in the exact shape of a gecko, sold for $185! The person that bought our cake is in our ward, and said they really enjoyed it, finishing it on the second day they had it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment